Roof repairs can be stressful, especially if it’s unexpected. What’s even more concerning is that bill that follows that repair, even if it is a necessity. While each job is different depending on the repairs, a good contractor can get you an estimate after accessing what needs to be done. There should be no surprise expenses and if something does come up, the contractor should tell you immediately so you can make the decision on how to continue. At RA Cooks Renovations, we want to help you feel as comfortable as possible, especially if the unexpected happens and you do need a new roof or a roofing repair. Here is a breakdown of what needs to be repaired and where exactly your money is going.
What determines the repair cost?
● Roof Type: The type of roof you have will determine how much the replacement materials cost.
● Permits: Your county or city may require a permit to have the repairs done. Generally, the roofer will add that cost into the final bill, but some contractors need you to get the permit with them.
How much of the roof needs to be repaired?
The amount of damage that needs to get fixed will affect that final bill. Only a few shingles needing to be replaced will be less expensive than needing part of the wood replaced before any of the underlayment and shingles can be added back in. A few things that cause the biggest cost would be:
● Water Damage is the biggest culprit for roof repairs. The smallest gap is enough of an opening for water to get under the roof and into the framework. If this is the case, repair costs will be higher, because that damaged wood needs to be replaced. The sooner you get the repair done, the less you’ll have to have replaced.
● Special Features include things like chimneys, solar tube lights, skylights, and more. These features can be tricky to fix with the rest of your roof repair. Your contractor should tell you right away if they will be able to fix it or if a separate contractor will be needed.
How to save money on repairs?
● Find the right roofer who you trust and give you the most for your money. Do your research, look at their website focusing on their services and gallery, look at reviews, and more. Don’t just go with the first roofer you see or hear about.
● Do some of the lighter work yourself, but be careful about it. You might be able to remove some of the damaged shingles on your own, especially if you’re trying to figure out where a leak is.
When it comes down to it, RA Cooks Renovations is the ideal roofing contractor to help you feel comfortable with your project from start to finish. We offer a roofing service that is second-to-none, with the results you deserve. Don’t go for anything less than the best! Call us today!